Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced an economic relief package on Thursday under the Pradhan Mantri Gareeb Kalyan Yojana.
The economic relief package is Rs 1.7 lakh crore.
– ‘Additional’ 5 kg wheat/rice and 1 kg of pulses to be given to poor for free for next 3 months to 80 crores poor
– Rs 50 lakh insurance per health care worker as a medical insurance cover for them for 3 months
– Old age, Divyang, pensioners: 3 crore people covered, one-time amount of additional Rs 1,000 in two installments through DBT (hence no middlemen) over 3 months to be given
– 20 crore Jan Dhan Women account holders covered: Ex-gratia amount of Rs 500 per month for the next three months
– Ujjawala scheme – nearly 8.3 crore BPL families covered in this – so that nobody runs short of cooking medium, for 3 months free cylinders
– Self Help women Groups (7 crore houses holds covered): collateral-free loans doubled to Rs. 20 Lakh, to increase money in hand
– Govt. of India will pay the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) contribution, both of employer and employee. Put together, it will be 24%, this will be for the next 3 months. This is for those establishments which have up to 100 employees and 90% of them earn less than Rs. 15,000